Saturday, January 12, 2008

Bully

To accuse me of being dumb enough to have fallen from grace because of satan offends me. Only a fool would deny the holy spirit. (Psalms 14:1*) There, now I'm offended before the theist has a chance to be offended.

When I say bullies I mean voting to keep gays from having the same rights as the rest of us and promoting the idea with bumper stickers that shout, "I heart bigotry!"

Sorry, I just can't see how denying humans their rights based on something about them that doesn't harm anyone is not bigotry. When I think something is gross I don't try to outlaw it. It's ridiculous. It's religious oppression.

Ha, I even looked up "oppression" and it is exactly what I mean to say. I also looked up bigot and it too is the word I want to use. Tell me, evangelical theist, do you want me to make laws based on my religious beliefs? Would it be appropriate if the tables were turned and I gathered my atheist brothers and sisters to outlaw a theist's right to wed. We could make up some ridiculous reason, too. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, jerk.

*
Psalms 14:1 For the choir director. A Psalm of David. The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they have committed abominable deeds; There is no one who does good.

No comments: