Sunday, February 24, 2008

Charisma's Darkest Side

This is the weirdest thing I've heard in a while. Apparently, you can't imagine things you've never seen. Like... She knew it was an angel (or jesus) that she saw because all the angels she had ever seen were fat babies with wings. This was not a fat baby with wings so clearly she wasn't imagining it. She had never seen anything like it before so clearly it wasn't a hallucination. "you know?" she says. I just ... walked away.

I can't even come close to understanding this logic. I create weird shit I've never seen before. In my head, on paper. It's not magic. Try telling that to someone who's convinced that the imagination is not her creating things, but a god creating things. Real things. And those weird things give her weird feelings, too. A point that she uses as proof.

It's like I'm from another universe. A universe were we don't believe what every charismatic person tells us. What a bizarre day.

No comments: